Kastelen Tsjechië

Castle Lány (3km)

     The castle in the village of Lany, in the Krivoklat forest, is the summer seat of the Presidents of the Czech Republic. Just near the castle is the Lany game park, part of the former so-called Great Game Park from the 18th century. It is used mainly for breeding pedigree game (red deer, fallow deer, moufflon, sika deer). The facilities for top-level hunting was one of the reasons why Lany was chosen in 1921 as a temporary and summer seat for the head of the now Czechoslovak state. But together with the exclusive hunts the choice of Lany was influenced by its nearness to Prague, convenient rail and road links, the beauty of the surroundings Křivoklat forests and too the suitable furnishing of the castle. The first president of the Czechoslovak Republic, Tomas Garrigue Masaryk, was very fond of Lany castle. He considered Lany his home and spent many moments of both work and rest there.
 

ZOOM 

 

Castle Křivoklát  (12km)

 

 

The Křivoklát castle is one of the oldest and most significant castles built by the Czech dukes and kings, the beginnings of which date back to the 12th century. Under the rule of Přemysl Otakar II and Václav II the foundation to this spacious and stately regal castle was laid. It was substantially rebuilt by Václav IV and later whole heartedly finished by Vladislav Jagelonský. The former favorite hunting seat for several Czech rulers at the time has remarkable castle interiors with many well preserved elements of Medieval decoration. The monumental Great Tower holds hunting weapons and other specimens relating to the history of hunting.

 

ZOOM



Castle Karlštejn (20km)

 

High Gothic castle founded in 1348, which has a unique position among Czech castles. It was built by Czech King and Roman Emperor Charles IV as a place for safekeeping of the royal treasures, especially Charles's collection of holy relics and the coronation jewels of the Roman Empire. The first stay of Charles IV in the castle is documented in 1355 when he came to supervise the building works as well as the decoration of interiors, especially the castle chapels. The construction of the castle was finished in 1365 when the Chapel of the Holy Cross situated in the Great tower was consecrated. At the outbreak of the Hussite wars the castle became the place for safekeeping of the Czech coronation jewels, which were kept here, with the exception of several short-time breaks, for nearly 200 years.
 

ZOOM
 

 

 

Castle Točník (20km)


The first report of Točník dates back to 1398. After the Renaissance modifications carried out by the lords of Vartenberk and the lords of Lobkowitz it was used untile the period of the Thirty Years War. Only the former roayl palace, whose representative hall was converted in the 18th century into a Barock Chapel of pligrimage consecrated to St. Batholomew, continued to be well maintained. Točník, whose development was violently interrupted by the Hussite revolution, continues to represent one of the best exaples of Czech castles from the late 14th century.
Točník Castle offers perceptive visitors exceptionally well-preserved Gotic architecture, a royal palce with its original interiors. In Summer are there Traditional historic Combats and demonstration of historic handcrafts.

 

 

Andels apartments - vakantiehuis in Tsjechië

NAVRCHOLU.cz